[Review Queue] PyBossa

José Antonio Rey jose at ubuntu.com
Fri Sep 5 20:39:50 UTC 2014

Hello, everyone!

Yesterday I took a while to review the PyBossa charm
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/charms/+bug/1343194>. I found that the charm
was not ready for inclusion in the Charm Store due to the following reasons:

 * It was using a boilerplate config.yaml file
 * The config-changed restarted the service with no reason
 * The service is not exposed in port 8080 (where it runs) and, as a
result, would depend on HAProxy
 * There is no pgsql-relation-broken hook, which makes the
pgsql-relation-changed hook idempotent
 * References $charm_dir intead of $CHARM_DIR inside of the hooks for
filepaths, making those not run correctly as the files would not be found
 * It is currently proposed for trusty and has no tests
 * The README.md file has references to a local address and many
sections listed which only say TODO and have nothing filled in.

All this made the charm not ready for promulgation, so I'm eagerly
waiting for the next iteration! :)

--
José Antonio Rey