Call for Charm School topics

Jorge O. Castro jorge at ubuntu.com
Fri Sep 5 15:13:52 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

Now that conference season is winding down we can start to spin up on
Charm workshops. Antonio and I sat down and bashed out some ideas for
charm school topics. I've added that list below and also penciled in
an instructor.

Getting Started (again!)- jorge/marco
Getting started with Charm Testing - jorge/chuck/seb
Relationships/Interfaces - How to pass information inbetween charms -
marco/bcsaller
Debugging Hooks - jorge/marco/chuck
Writing Charms for Restrictive Networks - jorge/mbruzek
Automated Charm Testing infrastructure - jorge/tim
Deploying ElasticSearch Clusters with Juju - jorge
Deploying Nagios Workloads with Juju - jorge/mbruzer (Maybe someone
from Nagios can copresent?)
Leveraging nginx in your charms - jorge/?
How to use the DNS Charms - jorge/chuck
Swapping JDKs in your charm - jorge/mbruzek
Charm Helper Updates and Breakdown - jorge/ceppi
Charm Tool Updates - jorge/ceppi
Backup and Restore in Juju - jorge/?
Using Juju with Digital Ocean - jorge/kapilt
Charms for different architectures - jorge/mbruzek/chuck

We also need a set of big dataish workload ones, any ideas for those
would be great. Did I miss anything? Any specific topics people would
like to see? Any other volunteers as instructors?

I'd like to do charm testing and relationships/interfaces first, as
we've had people ask for those specifically.

--
Jorge Castro
Canonical Ltd.