new release of juju digital ocean plugin (0.5.1)

Kapil Thangavelu kapil.thangavelu at canonical.com
Fri Sep 5 14:40:58 UTC 2014

Hi Folks,

I wanted to send out an announce on the new version of the juju digital
ocean plugin 0.5.1

Docs and download info are on the project page.
http://github.com/kapilt/juju-digitalocean

Its been in fairly regular use by lots of folks and is stable. It takes
about 3-4m to bootstrap a new environment, and additional machine creation
is multi-threaded for speed.

I'm regularly using to create dozen+ machine environments in a few minutes.

Some cool tricks that can be done by it with it are cross region
environments ( juju add-machine --constraints="region=nyc3" && juju
add-machine --constraints="region=ams" ).

Regarding this release and a changelog.

 - os images for ubuntu are looked up via api when adding machines, DO has
started updating their image with a bit more frequency and the previous
static mapping in the plugin has been removed. Additional latency is about
1s.

 - new list-machines subcommand which uses DO api to show all machines and
their DO details in tabular format.  (see readme for examples).

 - destroy-environment --force both of which bypass juju and use the
digital ocean api

Roadmap on futures

 - digital ocean has a new api version that supports userdata and ipv6

ps. if you don't have a digital ocean account signups via my affiliate link
are appreciated.
https://www.digitalocean.com/?refcode=5df4b80c84c8