[Review Queue] Review Josh Strobl's Charm Review Doc and Cassandra Proof

Antonio Rosales antonio.rosales at canonical.com
Fri Sep 5 07:35:50 UTC 2014

# Charm Review Process doc
I had the opportunity to collaborate this week with Josh Strobl
(author of Metis charm) by reviewing his Charm Review Process
document. Josh had the idea to develop a document to make it easier
for anyone to do Charm reviews, thus he created "Charm Review Process"
document[1].  It looks to be merged and will be showing up in the next
docs rebuild (ran twice/day). Solid doc Josh --thanks.

# Charm Design Considerations
In talking with Josh and Mat Bruzek on how to make review process more
streamlined I thought about how we can further help Charm authors
_before_ they get to the review phase. As we work with more ISVs I
find myself commonly giving them a "Charm Design Considerations" doc.
Thus, I would like to explore further building out this doc[2] to
include common charm review feedback, and hopefully help Charm authors
develop their charm in such a way that review cycle time is minimal.

# cassandra charm
Failing proof due to config.yaml missing default keys
MP for resolve:
https://code.launchpad.net/~a.rosales/charms/precise/cassandra/config-default-keys/+merge/233465

[0] https://github.com/juju/docs/pull/156
[1] https://plus.google.com/108419594942248098225/posts/Ptt2eKQ1ZeW