Question about the start hook

John Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Thu Sep 4 05:32:18 UTC 2014

My understanding is that the proposed Leader spec is likely to help with
this, as a leader unit could coordinate between its peers which one should
work next. Otherwise, it is just up to the charm peer relation to
coordinate anything like this. So in peer-relation-changed you could say
that you want to perform the next step, but you are waiting for your other
peers, etc.

I think there is also a limitation that until everything has started and
joined you don't actually know how many other units there are going to be.
Though I think this is part of the "it isn't truly knowable because
something may fail to come up, you may add units at a later time, etc".

I do think we could do a better job of exposing what we think the number of
units will be "real soon now".

John
=:->