[Review Queue] charm proof errors

Antonio Rosales antonio.rosales at canonical.com
Tue Sep 2 09:32:06 UTC 2014

# apache lint check on charm test and manage seem to differc
- Email sent to charm maintainer on testtools being imported correctly
in the charm tests

# apache-passenger
- This charm is currently failing charm proof as it is missing an icon.
- Icon made and MP submitted:
https://code.launchpad.net/~a.rosales/charms/precise/apache2-passenger/add-icon/+merge/232935

# assult-cube
- This charm is currently failing charm proof as it is missing an icon.
- Icon made and MP submitted:
https://code.launchpad.net/~a.rosales/charms/precise/assaultcube/add-icon/+merge/232975

# block-storage-broker charm
- Email sent to charm maintainer to check on the linting error of
'add_source' assigned but never used.

# bonnie
- This charm is currently failing charm proof as it is missing an icon.
- Icon made and MP submitted:
https://code.launchpad.net/~a.rosales/charms/precise/bonnie/add-icon/+merge/232985

# buildbot-master
- This charm is failing proof for a missing maintainer. Any takers?
- The charm is also failing due to missing default key values in the
config.yaml. I added `default: "" ` but in testing this fix the charm
install hook is failing, even without my changes. Thus further
investigation is needed. Bugs are filed @
https://bugs.launchpad.net/charms/+source/buildbot-master
- It is also failing for missing categories and icon which I submitted
an MP for @https://code.launchpad.net/~a.rosales/charms/precise/buildbot-master/icon-categories-add/+merge/232996

# buildbot-slave
- This charm is failing proof for a missing maintainer. Any takers?
- The charm is also failing due to missing default key values in the
config.yaml. I added `default: "" ` but in testing this fix the charm
install hook is failing, even without my changes. Thus further
investigation is needed. Bugs are filed @
https://bugs.launchpad.net/charms/+source/buildbot-slave
- It is also failing for missing categories and icon which I submitted
an MP for @https://code.launchpad.net/~a.rosales/charms/precise/buildbot-slave/icon-categories-add/+merge/232995

#cakephp
02-package-install-type.py looked to be failing on AWS, but my testing
didn't show this. I am going to follow up with the charmworld
maintainers.

# Questions
Should charm proof run lint check? Right now our docs say charms must
pass proof (no warning or errors) to pass review, but it does not say
the charm has to pass lint check. Thus, we should consider making lint
errors not fail charm tests or have charm proof run lint (where
appropriate, ie for py charms) and return an appropriate
error/warning/info.

thanks,
--
Antonio Rosales