Posts restricted to members only

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo.niemeyer at canonical.com
Wed Oct 29 20:56:52 UTC 2014

Hey all,

Just a quick note to let you know I've changed the policy of the mailing
list from holding messages from non-members into rejecting. It's not clear
why, but the volume of spam in this list is unlike any other I moderate at
Canonical, with multiple entries a day, and comparatively rarely we have
real people trying to reach the list, which means these often end up being
held for longer than they should. So the change is supposed to be a
win-win: real people get a prompt notice telling them they should
subscribe, and spammers get handled without manual labor.

Let's hope this works well.