Multiple networks with JUJU and 3rd party Cinder integration.

Nate dell ndell at nddit.com
Fri Oct 24 13:24:08 UTC 2014

Hi all,
Thanks first very much for making and supporting juju, I've been impressed
with it so far.
I've installed a basic open stack environment with juju and maas and am
hoping to tweak it a little.
The setup :
I'm doing a proof of concept for a client with 8 cisco ucs nodes with 4
10gbe nics each (each of which has been placed on it's appropriate vlan).
First two nodes have the controller services deployed to lxc containers.
The rest of the nodes are for nova compute. I added tags in MAAS so I could
deploy the services were I want them. The company has already made a
substantial investment in storage with a company that has a 3rd party
cinder driver. They are insisting that this in integrated into the
openstack environment.

I'd like to be able to use juju for the base configs but am running into
some issues. Have looked online to no avail.
1. How can I configure multiple network interfaces for various services
using juju. I'd like to use the dedicated interfaces for
public/private/management/iscsi. Iscsi is really important because it's on
it's own switching infrastructure, and I don't want layer 2 iscsi traffic
going over the core through layer 3 on a switched virtual interface.
2. How does integrate 3rd party cinder drivers into juju/cinder? I've asked
3 storage vendors how to do this with juju ( and the general response has
been we don't know juju).

Hoping to get some clarity from the community. I'll relay back any helpful
info to the storage vendors so that they have better internal documentation
as well.
Any help would be hugely appreciated.
Many thanks

--