Tags for charms and bundles

Jorge O. Castro jorge at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 7 10:18:13 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

I've been working with the design team on how we can improve what are
currently called categories. We'd like to propose the following things
as new charm policy:

- Rename categories to tags
- Add a "description" field to bundles, the same as charms.
- Add an icon to bundles so people can optionally brand their bundles.
- Add these as a initial set of tags for charms promoted as reviewed:

analytics
big_data
ecommerce
openstack
cloudfoundry
cms
social
streaming
wiki
ops
backup
identity
monitoring
performance
audits
security
network
storage
database
cache (or cache-proxy?)
application_development (rails, django, etc.)
web_server

In a couple of months we will have the ability to let people tag
however they want for their personal namespace, so we're not trying to
make a huge tag cloud here, just cover the majority of use cases.
Thoughts?

--
Jorge Castro
Canonical Ltd.