RFC: unmounting /mnt on AWS instances

David Britton david.britton at canonical.com
Tue Nov 18 14:58:49 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 8:25 PM, Marco Ceppi <marco at ondina.co> wrote:

> I have a few charms that expect /mnt to be the ephemeral disk, while it
> wouldn't be a huge headache and I certainly

I'm in the same boat, it won't be a huge headache, but it will be work to
do.  I've always thought that putting the ephemeral on /mnt was a bit of an
odd decision, but it's not a killer.  Some things I've thought of:

If you leave things the way they are, you can still use /mnt as it is.  The
ephemeral survives reboots, so any persistent dirs put in there would be
fine and work seamlessly to the user.  Also if people wanted to continue to
write out larger files to /mnt, that would work fine as well.

If you remove the behavior, it would be good to have it on
/mnt/juju-ephemeral-0  or something like that.

--
David Britton <david.britton at canonical.com>