Machine customization for MAAS

Sameer Zeidat sameerz at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 17 01:49:56 UTC 2014

Thank you.
I prefer the cloud-init option. But I couldn't find the thread you mentioned. If anyone can provide some guidance on this approach I'd really appreciate it.
My thoughts are to inject my node customization into MAAS's node user-data, for the machine's cloud-init to pick it up when deployed by juju. From what I can gather there's no MAAS command to do this, so may be direct API interaction is needed (with RESTful POST may be).
I was browsing the Juju source code to try and find out how juju builds its user-data and how and where it inserts it in MAAS. Thought that will give me some hints. But I got lost (my python skills are next to none) :-)

Thanks,Sameer