Updated Openstack charms broke our HA

James Page james.page at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 12 08:58:42 UTC 2014

Hi John

On 10/11/14 19:20, John McEleney wrote:
> I've modified the keystone and openstack-dashboard charms to
> re-introduce the old functionality in a way that doesn't break the
> new multiple-IP functionality. I'll paste my keystone patch below
> to give you an idea what I think is needed. This hasn't been
> thoroughly tested, but it seems to work. Pacemaker can at least set
> the public IP address again.
>
> If there is some other (better) way to achieve the same level of
> IP address allocation efficiency and performance without patching
> the Openstack charms, please point me in the right direction.

John - your proposal looks 100% sound in terms of approach. I'll get
onto this with my team tomorrow AM.

Your use case is evidently one we 'designed' by accident and then took
away that capability with the last release of updates; we had a large
number of users getting HA wrong for their specific environment, so
auto-detecting cidr and iface for vips will help them - but not you.

Having a fallback as you describe is a good approach; I've raised:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/charms/+source/nova-cloud-controller/+bug/1391784

to track this - my team will work on landing fixes into /next branches
with updates to the stable charms in the charm store this week.

Apologies for the break...

Regards

James

- --