Charm Reviews + Activity

David Britton david.britton at canonical.com
Sat Nov 8 06:27:41 UTC 2014

Hi --

This week, I reviewed a test charm addition from Matt and a version bump
charm from Charles (which needed information).

In reviewing the new apache2 test, I found once annoyance.  `juju test`
bootstraps and tears down between each step, and with all these new tests
added en masse there seems to be a practice emerging of using a '00_setup'
script to install dependencies.  This in effect inserts an extra bootstrap
unnecessarily into the test process.

@Marco or others -- thoughts about putting an exception or machinery in to
get rid of this?

I was going to go through a lot of these other additions basic test
additions, but wanted to get the question out there before I did.

In other charm related activity, I also worked on getting real bundles
created for the Landscape charm (submitted into the ~landscape namespace as
of now), will get them further cleaned up next week and submitted for
review.

Thanks!

--
David Britton <david.britton at canonical.com>