arch constraint default changed?

William Reade william.reade at canonical.com
Tue May 13 08:33:10 UTC 2014

Strongly agree with gustavo/henning. In *all* cases, the possibilities are
defined by the arches of the available tools, images, and instance types.
When using --upload-tools, the arches of the available tools are further
restricted, and may thus force i386, but that should have no impact
whatsoever on our method for choosing amongst the available options.

I remember writing a byArch sort that prioritised amd64; it seems to have
disappeared at some point in the last year, as the tools/instance-types/etc
code evolved, but this was always intended behaviour; please reinstate it.