Questions about the integration of the Outscale cloud provider into juju-core

Curtis Hovey-Canonical curtis at canonical.com
Wed May 7 13:20:54 UTC 2014

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 9:53 PM, Andrew Wilkins
<andrew.wilkins at canonical.com> wrote:
> A bit tangential now, but...
>
> Plugin-style was originally how I thought it would best work, but that
> requires distribution with both jujud *and* the juju CLI. That sounds like a
> nightmare to me. OTOH, having a remote service means you can just point the
> CLI and jujud at that remote service with nothing to distribute. It does
> mean having a service, which brings its own set of issues.
>
> Of course, the two approaches are not mutually exclusive. As you say, you
> could easily provide a plugin that talks to a remote service.

Oh.  I think we already have this problem. Windows users cannot
backup, restore or generate metadata because they only have the juju
CLI binary installed.

OSX users may have the current plugins since juju was built by brew,
but I have not tested they work.

--
Curtis Hovey
Canonical Cloud Development and Operations