About GUI juju control panel

Richard Harding rick.harding at canonical.com
Wed Mar 26 17:33:59 UTC 2014

On Wed, 26 Mar 2014, Anant wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am new to Juju stuff. I am just trying a juju charm in my local
> environment. and I found that if any charm is providing web management
> interface. then Password field should be mandatory.
>
> Like I have set
>
> user-admin
> password-admin
>
> and log in to management console. But now i have go to GUI control panel
> again and remove the password and save it. It successfully saved. But
> when i tried to login with-out password, it is not allowing me to login,
> and still i can log in with old password, that means GUI Panel has not
> changed the password when it is blank. But my concern is it should
> prompt to user that password can't be blank or it will not allow to save
> the configuration when password is blank.

Hello Anant, thanks for the email. You're correct that the GUI does not
currently validate the config fields. The definitions are often a bit
vague, but we've been looking into things we can do to support this better.
There's an open bug [1] you can monitor as well.

If I'm following your email, there's also the issue that the charm in
question allows you to set the password via a charm config setting, and it
also provides a webui setting from itself. Those are not kept in sync. This
is an interesting problem that we might be able to look at helping charm
authors work to sync this data. Do you recall which charm you were using?

1: https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju-gui/+bug/1178472

--

Rick Harding

Juju UI Engineering