charms using syslog vs. modern juju

Stuart Bishop stuart.bishop at canonical.com
Tue Jun 3 05:11:31 UTC 2014

Hi.

Can I get someone to look at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/charms/+source/rsyslog/+bug/1323627 ?

I've got a pair of charms that used to work using syslog to send logs,
but this is now failing. The above bug is reproducing what I think is
the issue with the basic rsyslog aggregator charm. I think newer juju
is using the system rsyslog daemon slightly differently and this has
broken charms that also need to use this facility. Or perhaps I'm just
failing to drive things incorrectly...

Should juju be using the system syslog daemon at all, since plenty of
charms are going to want to mess with this config too?

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart.bishop at canonical.com>