Noob question on environment / container OS

Gaurav Pandit pandit.gaurav at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 19:12:40 UTC 2014

Thank you all.

(And apologies in late reply)

Regarding "compiling and building from the source code" part, my usecase
involves deplying our webapp on a version of JBoss which is pretty old
(4.2.x) and not available from the repo (or the PPA). I understand it's not
the best practice, but in this case, the charm is going to be an internal
one (instead of published), and I really don't see any other way.

It's great to hear that support for CentOS is in the works. Ubuntu
trusty/precise are more than fine. But since there is more familiarity with
CentOS within our firm, it may be helpful to have that options.