AWS Request Rate

Kapil Thangavelu kapil.thangavelu at canonical.com
Thu Feb 20 15:12:13 UTC 2014

1) try firewall-mode: global

juju is trying to create sec groups per machine, which hopefully can get
better with a move to vpc (dynamic sec groups on instances). That should
reduce aws api usage a bit for machine provisioning.

2.  afaicr for a given failed provisioning request, there is no retry in
core.

3. its across all users on the same account against a given region. if your
using iam for separate users, the rate limit is still against the
underlying account., each api has its own throttle rate.
http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/query-api-troubleshooting.html

-k

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 10:02 AM, David Britton <david.britton at canonical.com