juju api and authenticated request

Adam Stokes adam.stokes at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 7 03:09:58 UTC 2014

I read through the docs/api.txt to try and get an understanding of how
to connect to juju's api server and what I've come up with so far is
the following:

#!/usr/bin/env perl

use Mojo::UserAgent;
use 5.14.0;
use DDP;

my $ua = Mojo::UserAgent->new;

$ua->websocket('wss://192.168.122.16:17070' => json =>
{
'RequestId' => 1,
'Type' => 'Admin',
'Request' => 'Login',
'Params' => {'Tag' => 'machine-0',
    'Password' => 'f0d44f279b47cc8b5f7ea291f5e3b30a',
    'Nonce' => 'fake_nonce'}
} => sub {
my ($ua, $tx) = @_;
say "failed ".$tx->error;
p $tx->req;
p $tx->res;
    }
);
Mojo::IOLoop->start unless Mojo::IOLoop->is_running;

This is very early stages and the code doesn't work as it returns a
403. My question is am I on the right track for accessing the
apiserver over a websocket connection? Should I be passing the params
as json? The port, and params used are obtained through
~/.juju/environments/local.jenv after a `juju bootstrap`. Should I be
passing the certs through as well? I went through some of the test
cases and attempted to decipher how that worked but now I'm a bit
stuck as to where to go next. The errors returned so far have just
been 403 forbidden.

Also, is this even the right place I should be for messing around with
RPC and juju? :)

Thanks!

--
[ Adam Stokes ]