MySQL charm: hook failed: "config-changed"

Curtis Hovey-Canonical curtis at canonical.com
Tue Feb 4 12:22:23 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 12:29 PM, Maarten Ectors
<maarten.ectors at canonical.com> wrote:
> In the past I had an issue with the MySQL charm whereby it had some
> parameter set to 4GB and I did not have enough memory. I don't remember the
> exact parameter but it is in the /etc/mysql/my.cnf. By reducing it to a
> smaller number that fits. If this problem still exists then let me know and
> we will file a bug...

The error is ambiguous, something went wrong after mysql installed.
This does however match what we saw when mysql didn't get enough
memory.

When I create deploy mysql on azure and ec2, i do
    juju bootstrap --contraints "mem=2G" mysql
For hp I give it 4G
    juju bootstrap --contraints "mem=4G" mysql

--
Curtis Hovey
Canonical Cloud Development and Operations