Reminder: Writing Charms for restrictive networks

Jorge O. Castro jorge at ubuntu.com
Thu Dec 4 19:49:51 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

Tomorrow we're going to have a charm workshop on how to write charms for
restrictive networks.

This school is intended for people who are doing deployments in corporate
environments that might not have access to the internet. In these
situations you can have all sorts of issues: What happens if your charm
can't apt-get install or git pull something? How can we ensure that we can
pack all the bits needed for a deployment without touching the network?

This school will be led my Matt Bruzek, who has been working on porting
charms to the POWER8 architecture using hardware in a lab that was cut off
from the net, so everything we'll be talking about will be real-world.

Hope to see you there:

- 3pm EST / 2000 UTC
- #juju on IRC. ping us here for questions and the hangout URL if you want
to be part of the discussion
- http://ubuntuonair.com