[Review Queue] rabbitmq-server, python-django

Tim Van Steenburgh tim.van.steenburgh at canonical.com
Thu Aug 28 13:10:31 UTC 2014

# TL;DR for Charm Authors (tips from today's reviews)

1. Make sure charm-proof, "testing" make targets (e.g. lint, test), and
amulet tests are passing. We are quickly approaching a day when all merge
proposals for charms and bundles will be gated on tests automatically, and
rejected if they fail.

If you do have lint/test make targets, make sure your makefile handles
installation of any dependencies required by your tests.

2. Don't assume the reviewer will know how to test the feature you're
adding to your charm. Please include instructions for testing!

# The Reviews

The rabbitmq-server [1] merge proposal adds an 'access-network' config
option for specifying the network on which clients can connect.

The code looked fine but there were some `charm-proof` failures, and I was
unsure how to conduct a functional test of the new feature as there were no
instructions on how to do so.

Set to Needs Fixing.

The python-django [2] merge proposal is a patch to add some new relations
and remove ansible dependencies.

This review ended rather quickly after I hit charm-proof, lint, and test
failures.

Set to Needs Fixing.

[1]
https://code.launchpad.net/~james-page/charms/trusty/rabbitmq-server/network-splits/+merge/228152