[Review Queue] hpcc charm

Matt Bruzek matthew.bruzek at canonical.com
Wed Aug 27 14:23:39 UTC 2014

I am tentatively +1 for adding some charm metadata for minimum requirements
for the charm.  We could certainly add that kind of information in the
README but having it in the metadata would make it automatic (magic).

José makes a great point about how something like this could increase the
cloud bill unexpectedly.  Perhaps some kind of informational message
requiring a response from the user would be good here.  Users could accept
or override the constraints.

The number of charms that would take advantage of this metadata would be a
small subset of what we have.  The big data charms, and other resource
intensive charms could set this optional metadata to give the user a good
experience.

Are there any other concerns that people have about this metadata idea?

   - Matt Bruzek <matthew.bruzek at canonical.com>