[Review Queue] hpcc charm

Mark Shuttleworth mark at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 27 07:34:01 UTC 2014

On 27/08/14 00:10, Matt Bruzek wrote:
>  First and most importantly the hpcc charm deploys according to the readme
> file! I had to increase the memory constraints on the HP-cloud to 4GB per
> machine (juju set-constraints mem=4GB) so all the services had enough
> memory to start up. After that I was able to cluster by adding units of
> hpcc.

We have a couple of charms which break on tiny instances on some clouds
because of this sort of disconnect. Would it be helpful to be able to
encode minimum requirements in the charm metadata?

Obviously, real requirements are configuration and load dependent, but I
think we could avoid the obvious "try it then debug it" cycle if we had
some explicit minimum requirements up front.

Thanks for the review commentary and advice to charmers!

Mark