Failing to start hadoop unit on local with juju

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 20:55:30 UTC 2014

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 4:50 PM, John Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:

> The peergrouper thing is a non fatal problem with the local provider (it
> is only used for HA which is currently disabled for local). The problem
> with default series is the local provider defaults to only making tools for
> your host available (trusty). Which is why you specify the extra tools
> series to bootstrap.

OK. So not sure why it is still showing pending for the hadoop units
$ juju status
environment: local
machines:
  "0":
    agent-state: started
    agent-version: 1.19.1.1
    dns-name: localhost
    instance-id: localhost
    series: trusty
    state-server-member-status: has-vote
  "1":
    instance-id: pending
    series: precise
  "2":
    instance-id: pending
    series: precise
services:
  hadoop-master:
    charm: cs:precise/hadoop-10
    exposed: false
    units:
      hadoop-master/0:
        agent-state: pending
        machine: "1"
  hadoop-slave:
    charm: cs:precise/hadoop-10
    exposed: false
    units:
      hadoop-slave/0:
        agent-state: pending
        machine: "2"

I ran

$ juju deploy hadoop hadoop-master
$ juju deploy hadoop hadoop-slave

Once they show started instead of pending, I will add the namenode and
datanode relations.
Also will add the jobtracker and tasktracker relations.