Package updates and charm responsibilities

John Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Thu Apr 10 10:42:47 UTC 2014

All hooks are run sequentially (we explicitly take out a lock across all
hooks that want to run on a machine), just so that charms can do whatever
they want with apt without stepping on each other's toes.

I would think "install" is the most likely hook to actually do update and
install. I'm not sure about a charm ever doing "upgrade" since that would
upgrade other packages, right?

There isn't a process in juju today that does regular "keep my machines up
to date" but you do have "juju run sudo apt-get update" if you want to do
it manually.