New Juju Plugin: git-deploy

Francesco Banconi francesco.banconi at canonical.com
Tue Apr 8 15:42:54 UTC 2014

On 08 Apr 2014, at 16:33, Joshua Strobl <truthfromlies at gmail.com> wrote:

> You clearly didn't see the juju-git-charm, which deploys and manages charms through git, and it isn't limited to GitHub.

Hey Joshua,

Your plugin is this, right?
https://github.com/juju/plugins/blob/master/juju-git-charm

AFAICT that seems to help configuring a git-based development environment for working on charms, and automating the creation/update of a local charm repository.
That’s not what juju-git-deploy is about: it does not clone/update git repositories, it just deploys charms hosted on Github, e.g.:

  juju git-deploy hatched/ghost-charm

After running the command above, the charm at https://github.com/hatched/ghost-charm is actually deployed on the current Juju environment, and no local repositories (i.e. ~/charms/) are created.
As I mentioned, those two projects seem to have different goals to me. Am I missing something?

--
Francesco