Manual provisioning - feedback wanted

David Hart dhart at opencog.org
Sun Sep 29 07:39:12 UTC 2013

> I think it's probably prudent we hold off on documenting/announcing this
> wider until the null provider is available, or more work is done to enable
> this sort of scenario (if that's even sensible/useful in a real world
> deployment?)

Manual provisioning would be very useful in the context of our
small-scale HPC work, in the case of labs of networked machines and
small clusters of hosted compute servers. E.g. hosting providers like
Hetzner have much better prices compared with AWS for raw compute power,
and MAAS is kinda overkill for managing machines just a dozen at a time.

-dave

--
David Hart
OpenCog Foundation | http://opencog.org