juju-core 1.14.1 is released
curtis at canonical.com
Mon Sep 23 15:38:12 UTC 2013
A new stable release of Juju, juju-core 1.14.1, is now available.
This release replaces juju-core 1.14.1. It reconciles differences
between juju clients.
juju-core 1.14.1 is available in Saucy and backported to earlier
series in the following PPA
New and Notable
* The Microsoft Azure provider is now considered ready for use.
* lp # 1184786 juju cli now gives a clearer error message when the
deprecated default-image-id key is found.
* When debugging hooks, juju will set the $PS1 value to
$JUJU_UNIT_NAME:$JUJU_HOOK_NAME %. This results in a shorter and more
useful prompt. Closes ##1212903
* Juju plugins no longer required the caller to escape all arguments
passed to the plugin.
* The new command “juju unset <service> <setting1> …” allows a
configuration setting for a service to be removed. Removing the
configuration setting will revert it to the charm default. This is the
first step in solving #1194945.
* The Windows Azure provider now defines a public storage container
for tools. No configuration changes are required. Closes #1216770.
* The debug-hooks subcommand is now implemented. Closed issue #1027876
* The status subcommand now accepts service/unit filters, to limit
output; see “juju help status” for more information. Partially
addresses issue #1121916
* The juju cli command now returns a better error message when run
against an environment that has not been bootstrapped. Closes issue
* The destroy-environment subcommand now requests confirmation before
running, with an option to quietly proceed (-y/--yes). Closed issue
* The cost calculation for the openstack provider was updated to bias
towards the lowest number of CPU cores when choosing a machine type
matching the provided instance constraints. This closes issue
* The unit agent now removes stale sockets when restarting. Closes #1212916
* A bug relating to the formatting of tool versions has been
resolved. This formatting error was only visible when using the -v or
--debug flag. Closes #1216285.
* lp #1206628 a bug related to the name of an upstart job created for
a service unit has been corrected.
* lp # 1207230 a bug related specifying the type of local provider
container has been corrected.
* The JUJU_ENV environment variable is not being passed down to
plugins. LP #1216254.
Testing on Canonistack and HP Cloud
A publicly readable bucket has been created for holding the Juju tools
on Canonistack. To use it, put this in your ~/.juju/environments.yaml
(all on one line):
For HP Cloud the public bucket is available at:
We encourage everyone to subscribe the mailing list at
juju-dev at lists.canonical.com, or join us on #juju-dev on freenode.
On behalf of the Juju team
Canonical Cloud Development and Operations
More information about the Juju