juju-core 1.14.0 has been released
curtis at canonical.com
Wed Sep 18 22:08:10 UTC 2013
A new development release of Juju, juju-core 1.14.0, is now available.
juju-core 1.14.0 is available in Saucy and backported to earlier series
in the following PPA
New and Notable
* The Microsoft Azure provider is now considered ready for use.
* lp # 1184786 juju cli now gives a clearer error message when the
deprecated default-image-id key is found.
* When debugging hooks, juju will set the $PS1 value to
$JUJU_UNIT_NAME:$JUJU_HOOK_NAME %. This results in a shorter and more
useful prompt. Closes ##1212903
* Juju plugins no longer required the caller to escape all arguments
passed to the plugin.
* The new command “juju unset <service> <setting1> …” allows a
configuration setting for a service to be removed. Removing the
configuration setting will revert it to the charm default. This is the
first step in solving #1194945.
* The Windows Azure provider now defines a public storage container for
tools. No configuration changes are required. Closes issue #1216770.
* The debug-hooks subcommand is now implemented. Closed issue #1027876
* The status subcommand now accepts service/unit filters, to limit
output; see “juju help status” for more information. Partially
addresses issue #1121916
* The juju cli command now returns a better error message when run
against an environment that has not been bootstrapped. Closes issue
* A native juju cli is avalable for windows 7|8
* The destroy-environment subcommand now requests confirmation before
running, with an option to quietly proceed (-y/--yes). Closed issue
* The cost calculation for the openstack provider was updated to bias
towards the lowest number of CPU cores when choosing a machine type
matching the provided instance constraints. This closes issue #1210086.
* The unit agent now removes stale sockets when restarting. Closes
* A bug relating to the formatting of tool versions has been resolved.
This formatting error was only visible when using the -v or --debug
flag. Closes issue #1216285.
* lp #1206628 a bug related to the name of an upstart job created for a
service unit has been corrected.
* lp #1207230 a bug related specifying the type of local provider
container has been corrected.
* lp #1220027 worker/provisioner: cannot restart cleanly due to hard
dependency on api server
* lp #1221705 relationunit_test.go: 2 tests fail with mgo >= 241
* lp #1222664 maas provider's instance is not a Stringer
* lp #1218329 Update default environment.yaml for Azure to use Precise
* The JUJU_ENV environment variable is not being passed down to
plugins. LP #1216254.
Testing on Canonistack and HP Cloud
A publicly readable bucket has been created for holding the Juju tools
on Canonistack. To use it, put this in your ~/.juju/environments.yaml
(all on one line):
For HP Cloud the public bucket is available at:
We encourage everyone to subscribe the mailing list at
juju-dev at lists.canonical.com, or join us on #juju-dev on freenode.
Dave Cheney (via Curtis Hovey)
On behalf of the Juju team
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Juju