New Pages in docs!

Nick Veitch nick.veitch at canonical.com
Wed Sep 11 14:59:07 UTC 2013

Or to be more specific, creating them.

I have taken on board various feedback about creating new pages, and to
make everyone's life a little easier(especially mine), if you want to
create new pages in docs you will find new instructions on the contributing
page and a new template and build script in the tools directory.
In short, the build script will replace all the commented sections of a
page with the correct template files, so you don't need to copy and paste
stuff or write a document full of the ever-growing headers, footers,
scripts and other bits. As you will see from the template file, you don't
need anything in those spaces at all, bar the comments themselves.

I hope this will make things easier for people with a valuable contribution
to make!

Onwards,
Nick