Does the local provider require a HWE stack for 12.04?

Serge E. Hallyn serge at hallyn.com
Wed Oct 30 21:11:48 UTC 2013

I'm told that's for a network (veth nic?) performance issue?  FWIW
my main build+test box is running on 3.2 precise kernel with
ubuntu-lxc daily ppa.  overlayfs and lvm clones work perfectly out
of the box, and btrfs (which i'm using now) only have the fsync
performance issue, which I work around by calling all apt-get
upgrades and installs using eatmydata.  I don't do heavy network
i/o, but apt-get's package downloads are lightning fast <shrug>.

-serge

Quoting David Cheney (david.cheney at canonical.com):