What archive do we mention in the docs?

Curtis Hovey-Canonical curtis at canonical.com
Tue Oct 29 15:45:05 UTC 2013

Do we want the cloud archive to contain non-lts packages? The packages
are being installed on machines that act as the client. Most users
running clients are not on lts.

We cannot trivially copy packages in a PPA to the Ubuntu cloud archive
pocket. We will change the release process to build into a staging PPA
first so that we can extra the tools /before/ users can get the
clients. After the tools are released, we would copy packages to the
stable PPA. Something could copy packages from staging to UCA /after/
the tools are published.

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 11:20 AM, Jorge O. Castro <jorge at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I know we keep ppa:juju/stable in sync with the Ubuntu Cloud Archive (UCA).
>
> However in the spirit of keeping everything in one place does it make sense
> to point people to the UCA archive itself instead?
>
> MAAS and OpenStack are in there and we put Juju in there to cut down on
> confusion on what people need to add, but in the docs we still mention
> ppa:juju/stable.
>
> --
> Jorge Castro
> Canonical Ltd.
> http://juju.ubuntu.com/ - Automate your Cloud Infrastructure

Curtis Hovey
Canonical Cloud Development and Operations
http://launchpad.net/~sinzui