I want to change the http interface

Nick Moffitt nick.moffitt at canonical.com
Tue Oct 15 12:04:29 UTC 2013

David Cheney:
> > a data structure that it then exports to its config file.  The nice
> > thing about using that style of proxying is that it allows multiple
> > juju services to describe what they want without trampeling on each
> > other.
>
> My problem with this setup is it is not enforced by the interface. The
> http interface specifies two atoms, hostname and port, all the extra
> stuff that is relation-set is optional, and there is no way for
> HAProxy to know that is has been related to a service which provides
> these optional, but critical configuration items.

What if we passed full URLs instead of pre-parsed atoms?  URLs are a
structured format for describing exactly this sort of data, and the
charms are going to have to massage and manipulate it all anyway.

It would seem clearer to human readers what's going on, as well.

    fronturl: http://service.example.com/thatthing/
    backurl: http://thatthingserver.internal:24242/derp/server.glomp

--
Nick Moffitt