How do I launch and m1.medium on AWS?

Nate Finch nate.finch at canonical.com
Thu Oct 10 13:35:07 UTC 2013

Certainly, erroring out when you specify an instance type that doesn't
exist for this endpoint seems like a good idea.

I also like your second idea, which is basically just creating an alias for
a list of constraints.  I think that feature would be very handy if it was
handled in a way that was easily shareable, so people online or people in
the same company could share configurations.... ideally stored in a
configuration file.

You could then specify an alias:

discourse "mem=2G root-disk=10G cpu-cores=2"

And then someone could copy and paste that into their .juju/aliases   (or
something similar)

then you could do

juju deploy discourse --constraints alias=discourse

It would make scripts a lot easier to write cross-provider, you'd just need
to translate your constraints aliases to the new provider, and the actual
deployment script could stay exactly the same.