juju-core 1.15.1 is released

Andrew Wilkins andrew.wilkins at canonical.com
Mon Oct 7 02:27:54 UTC 2013

On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 2:02 AM, Bjorn Tillenius <bjorn at canonical.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 06, 2013 at 01:04:33AM +0800, Andrew Wilkins wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 11:41 PM, Bjorn Tillenius <bjorn at canonical.com
> >wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Andrew,
> > >
> > > bootstrapping the environment fails for me, with this error message:
> > >
> > > 2013-10-05 15:33:46 INFO juju.environs.tools simplestreams.go:235
> > > Fetching tools to generate hash:
> > >

> sftp://juju-bootstrap//var/lib/juju/storage/tools/releases/juju-1.15.1-precise-amd64.tgz
> > > 2013-10-05 15:33:46 ERROR juju supercommand.go:282 Get
> > >

> sftp://juju-bootstrap//var/lib/juju/storage/tools/releases/juju-1.15.1-precise-amd64.tgz:
> > > unsupported protocol scheme "sftp"
> > >

> > Hmm. I'll have to see if I can reproduce this and get back to you with
> any
> > workarounds. I tested all this on a clean environment yesterday without
> > issue, so either something's changed since, or it's environmental. If you
> > can reproduce the issue easily, could you please run bootstrap with
> > "--debug" and attach it to this bug?
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju-core/+bug/1235717
>
> Done. I tested it on three different machines, saucy, raring and
> precise, same problem everywhere.

Great, thanks Björn, the log was useful. Seems to me that what might have
happened is:
 - you tried to bootstrap, and it got part way through downloading the tools
 - you tried to bootstrap again

I've reproduced the error by forcing this scenario in my dev environment,
and will have a fix up for review today. For a temporary workaround: if you
go to the machine that you're trying to bootstrap and remove /var/lib/juju,
then you should be able to bootstrap. If you still can't, please update the
bug with the output of "find /var/lib/juju" at the time you get the error.

Cheers,
Andrew