How to make juju aware of IP address changes?

Peter Waller peter at scraperwiki.com
Fri Nov 29 15:35:58 UTC 2013

On 29 November 2013 14:59, roger peppe <rogpeppe at gmail.com> wrote:

> Have you verified that disk space has actually been freed up?

Yup.

> Assuming so, have you tried restarting juju-db ?

Nope. I had managed to miss that one. I think I was expecting a service
called jujud or juju and was foolish enough to stop looking after that. I
was for some stupid reason also put off looking for services by the fact
that the paths of processes I found in ps are somewhere in /var/lib. This
being different from the usual {,/usr/}*bin made me think they were just
magical somehow and caused me not to think of looking for it in upstart
(with a name other than juju or jujud).

Is it documented somewhere what all of the components are which I can kick?

On 29 November 2013 12:30, roger peppe <rogpeppe at gmail.com> wrote:

> I hope that when you've done that, mongo will start working again
> (you might need to restart the juju-db service). If you find that
> you can run juju status, it would be good to know what is
> the value of the "agent-version" field in your environment
> config (i.e. the output of "juju get-environment | grep agent-version").

I freed up 2GB of space and rebooted the node and now juju status is
working again. Things seem to be normal again.

$ juju get-environment | grep version
agent-version: 1.17.0

$ juju status | grep version | sort | uniq -c | sort -n      1
agent-version: 1.10.0
      1     agent-version: 1.10.0
      6     agent-version: 1.11.4
     13         agent-version: 1.13.2
     14     agent-version: 1.13.2

Though I have a feeling this might be counting some nodes which are dead in
the "down" state and not coming back. Is there a way to garbage collect
those machines these days? I know it wasn't possible last time I asked..

What's the best way to proceed now to upgrade them?

Thanks for all your help,

- Peter