Fwd: How to make juju aware of IP address changes?

roger peppe roger.peppe at canonical.com
Fri Nov 29 12:34:33 UTC 2013

On 29 November 2013 11:44, Peter Waller <peter at scraperwiki.com> wrote:
> The pids appear to be constant since I last reported them. Your theory about
> the machine being out of disk is correct.
>
> Indeed the log files are 1.4 and 1.6 GB for all-machines and machine-0.log.
> I'll try xz'ing them and then sending them along to you. Is it okay if I
> e-mail them directly to you and anyone else who is interested (please mail
> me personally) assuming they compress down to ~megabytes?

Yes please. Putting them somewhere like google drive might work
better than sending an attachment. I imagine they'll compress
very nicely though.

BTW, just removing the log files will not work, as the files will still be held
open. You probably want to do something like (having first removed
enough files elsewhere to ensure some spare disk space):

cd /var/log/juju
mv machine-0.log old-machine-0.log
restart jujud-machine-0

That will cause the machine agent to create a new log file, leaving
you free to archive the old one and remove it to save space.

You can do a similar thing with all-machines.log, except you'll need
to restart rsyslog.

I hope that when you've done that, mongo will start working again
(you might need to restart the juju-db service). If you find that
you can run juju status, it would be good to know what is
the value of the "agent-version" field in your environment
config (i.e. the output of "juju get-environment | grep agent-version").

  cheers,
    rog.