Charm School schedule

Jorge O. Castro jorge at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 25 20:23:23 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

We have bashed out the schedule for the next cycle of charm schools.
The idea is to do 2 charm schools per month over preselected topics,
with the option of people requesting them as well.

For this calendar year here are the next two charm schools:

6 December - TDD charms written in python using charm helpers.
13 December - Leveraging Charm Helpers to integrate with existing
config management systems.

These will take place on #juju and Google Hangouts.

## Topics

Here are topics for schools that we came up with, if anyone has any
ideas for topics in addition to this, please feel free to propose
them.

- Writing your own Juju plugins
- Using Juju Bundles
- Using Juju in HA configurations *
- Configuring Juju with the manual provider
- Starting small and then going big, using Juju with containers.
- Troubleshooting Juju Part I
- Troubleshooting Juju Part 2
- Using the Juju GUI in depth.

## April:

Crank up to weekly sessions for release, these will mostly be geared
towards new users:

- Introduction to Juju and the Juju GUI.
- Introduction to writing charms
- Introduction to bundles and sharing bundles with the community.

--
Jorge Castro
Canonical Ltd.