docker hype and juju's future

David Hart dhart at opencog.org
Thu Nov 21 09:22:16 UTC 2013

Hi,

Docker can also build every time it's deployed. Images are used locally
as part of a build cache, and sharing images is entirely optional.
Collections of Dockerfiles and their associated 'docker run -link'
commands are roughly equivalent to Juju Charms (in this way, Docker
seems to be becoming more Juju-like.).

I would like very much to see improved interoperability between Docker
and Juju, particularly between the Juju install hook and the Docker RUN
directive. It sorta works today sharing bash scripts, but those defeat
the Docker cache.

-dave

https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/blob/master/master/contrib/Dockerfile

--