Juju with btrfs

Kapil Thangavelu kapil.thangavelu at canonical.com
Mon May 13 21:06:18 UTC 2013

Lxc-clone isn't used atm, so the integration with btrfs isn't present. The
clone support in pyjuju is a historical artifact for current versions. The
original lxc support utilized clone to allow for fast unit creation, at the
cost of post container modification scripts. A subsequent refactoring late
last year, unified juju installation for all instances around cloud-init
and cloud-images, and the lxc-clone support wasn't kept. Hopefully that can
be revisited in the juju-core implementation when local provider is
reimplemented via re-running cloud-init on the cloned container with new
user data (after resetting cloud-init state).

hth,

Kapil