dots in charm names (shelr.tv)

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo.niemeyer at canonical.com
Tue Mar 26 14:41:35 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 11:35 AM, Abel Deuring
<abel.deuring at canonical.com> wrote:
> well, we retrieve the data about charms from Launchpad. My question was
> simply: Is it worth to change charmworld so that it can properly deal
> with the name shelr.tv, or should the name be fixed because it might
> also be unusable in juju-core?

That's exactly the point I'm trying to make: everything that is not in
the charm store is not usable. It should filter based on whether the
charm exists or not, rather than whether it can import it from
Launchpad directly.

There's an existing API in the charm store that gives you [1] precise
information about what exists, including the actual digest that was
imported.

[1] Please disable statistics with stats=0 when talking to the store,
to avoid affecting charts artificially.

gustavo @ http://niemeyer.net