relation-get - missing_unit behavior

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Fri Jun 21 21:26:31 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 3:21 PM, Stuart Bishop
<stuart.bishop at canonical.com> wrote:
> Hi. This relates to https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju-core/+bug/1192803
>
> For pathological and twisted reasons, I found the need to attempt to
> retrieve a unit's relation data when that unit may not yet have joined
> the relation.

Fetching relation data for non-existing units does sound pathological
and twisted. It means that the charm is basically implying it knows
how the context it's being deployed under looks like, including remote
units it can talk to. I'd prefer to see these cases failing still.

gustavo @ http://niemeyer.net