lxc apt configuration

Sidnei da Silva sidnei.da.silva at canonical.com
Tue Jul 30 00:50:44 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 7:50 AM, Stuart Bishop
<stuart.bishop at canonical.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 6:37 PM, Sidnei da Silva
> <sidnei.da.silva at canonical.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 6:20 AM, Stuart Bishop <
> stuart.bishop at canonical.com>

This will work after the charm has been pushed out, but I'm trying to
> get the provisioning stage sped up. lxc-create is quite fast, but juju
> add-machine takes several minutes. After running add-machine, I can
> manually ssh in to lxc container and watch /var/log/cloud-init.output
> slowly pull stuff down.

A good solution to this, I think, is to use lxc-create-ephemeral (which
takes a base, mostly up-to-date image iiuc) instead of lxc-create. Maybe
this would be a setting in the 'local' provider config. No idea if it's on
the roadmap of the juju-core team, but I'm willing to take a stab at
implementing it.

--
Sidnei

Make the most of Ubuntu with Ubuntu One