ppa:charmers/charm-helpers for raring

Matthew Wedgwood matthew.wedgwood at canonical.com
Fri Jul 26 15:51:01 UTC 2013

Hi, Dann,

On 07/25/2013 07:44 PM, Dann Frazier wrote:
> Could we get raring (and maybe saucy) support for the charm-helpers
> PPA? This would make it easier to test charms against these releases.

Thanks for bringing this up.

We've been holding off on a PPA as charm-helpers is still under heavy development and things are still moving around within the package.

Until we cut a stable release, I recommend that charmers include the charm-helpers code in their charm. In the newer versions of charm-helpers, there's a tool called charm-helpers-sync that helps automate this. Be sure to include a note as to bzr revno is included so that reviewers can easily compare it to the original. This isn't ideal, but it's the best way to ensure that your charm won't break as charm-helpers matures.

Be assured that this is a pain point for everyone, myself included.

-Matthew