Is there a limit on how long a relation name can be, limit to characters used?

Marco Ceppi marco.ceppi at canonical.com
Sun Jul 14 21:40:44 UTC 2013

I'm looking to auto-generate relations in a charm, ideally I'd like to keep
these human readable, so they'd end up being something like
"wordpress_db:mysql_db|mysql". Though some of these
charms/relations/interface names can get quite long.

Is there any limit to length of relation name or the characters you can use
in a relation? If so I'd love to get these in to proof and documented as a
caveat somewhere in the docs.

Marco