Guarantee order of relation-joined & relation-changed?

Andreas Hasenack andreas at canonical.com
Thu Jul 4 12:43:15 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 8:59 AM, Stuart Bishop
<stuart.bishop at canonical.com>wrote:

> not be accessible at many sites. The proposed fix is to add a new
> setting to the relation, informing the clients what units have been
> authorized. This makes it more complex to use the service. It is

This feels like a common pattern for hooks: "when can I start actually
doing stuff?". Postgresql was/is using credentials (after all, once I have
credentials, i can connect, right? No). It might switch to this "authorized
clients" list as proposed. Other charms might gate on something else, and
might or might not run into this issue as well.

I think this is really charm dependent, and should be documented in the
README file. It could evolve into a common pattern for all charms, some
sort of "ready flag", but it has to be client specific.