Investigation workflow improvements with other tools

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Mon Jan 14 11:05:53 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 10:43 PM, Brandon Holtsclaw
<me at brandonholtsclaw.com> wrote:
> < robbiew> imbrandon: I get all that..it's just given all the things we need
> to get done for juju, I'm not sure a move to
>                     github is the highest priority....but I'm also open to
> being proved wrong

+1

That said, we should make sure that nothing prevents people from
maintaining their charms in github, and publishing them to the store.

Where does Android's Market publish their apps? Apple's? Debian?
Ubuntu?  In all of these cases, people are free to use whatever they
want to track their development, and they must make an explicit extra
step to publish the charm. With juju, that step is pushing the code to
Launchpad, which seems pretty good in comparison, actually.

Having "juju publish" as originally intended will also make that more
obvious.

gustavo @ http://niemeyer.net