Investigation workflow improvements with other tools

Marco Ceppi marco at ondina.co
Wed Jan 9 16:23:42 UTC 2013

Hi Jorge,

I think Github is a great place to look for developers given how many
upstreams keep their projects there and the overall existing community
of cultivated contributors. I can see it being a potential sore spot in
the near future when trying to woo new contributors and having a
seemingly superfluous roadblock like learning an entire new workflow
stand in the way of potential new charm contributors.

Having experienced this (and sadly still struggling with this at times)
when I first got interested in contributing to Ubuntu, I found that
learning Bazaar after many years as a Git power user was far more
tedious than I would have wanted. Thankfully, I conquered Bazaar but I
fear others might not be as diligent.

In short +1 from me and I'll get the talks of workflow by submitting the
first pull request: https://github.com/charms/mediawiki/pull/1

Thanks,
Marco Ceppi